Grafana Labs announced that the company made new changes to Grafana Cloud, making it free and easy to have a real, composable observability solution. The new Grafana Cloud free plan offers Prometheus and Graphite for metrics, Loki for logs, and Tempo for tracing, all integrated within Grafana. The company also upgraded the paid version of Grafana Cloud, enhancing it with new features and five times more metrics which costs $49 per month.
Grafana Cloud free plan is a composable observability solution, which offers metrics and logs integrated within Grafana, and it’s managed by the company. Grafana Cloud free plan includes:
- 10,000 series for Prometheus or Graphite metrics
- 50 GB of logs
- 14-day retention for metrics and logs
- Access for up to 3 team members
The paid version, Grafana Cloud Pro offers:
- 15,000 series for metrics with 13-month retention (previously 3,000)
- 100 GB of logs with 1-month retention
- Reporting and PDF exports
- Advanced authentication (SAML/OAuth/LDAP)
- Data source permissions
- Team collaboration with dashboard insights and team presence
- Custom domains
Following features are included in Grafana Cloud for all users:
- One-click integrations: With a growing library of Cloud integrations (such as Go, MySQL, and CockroachDB), users have access to preconfigured dashboards, enabling them to go from blank slate to beautiful Grafana dashboards and alerts in just a few clicks.
- Enhanced alerting: Unified experience for managing powerful Prometheus-style alerting rules for both metrics and logs directly in Grafana.
- Synthetic monitoring: Observe how systems and applications are performing from a user’s point of view by monitoring applications and API endpoints from dozens of locations around the world, without having to instrument metrics.
- Grafana Cloud Agent: This lightweight collector for sending data to Grafana Cloud makes installation even easier.
- Free open-beta access to Tempo: A new tracing solution.
See more Cloud Computing News