According to Pure Storage’s announcement, FlashBlade is the first high-performance, cloud-optimized file and object storage platform. It offers multi-dimensional performance, agility, and simplicity with the efficiencies of the public cloud. The company also stated that they have addressed the biggest challenges across use cases including ransomware, modern data protection, modern analytics, artificial intelligence, and DevOps/application development.
Performance, Agility, Simplicity
Pure Storage announced that the FlashBlade 3.0 was architected to align with performance, agility, and simplicity characteristics. FlashBlade delivers linear, predictable performance while scaling to deliver tens of billions of files and objects to support the high throughput and low latency of modern applications.
It also allows users to adapt to the constant flux of workload changes and operational requirements that shifts constantly. The programmatic approach to these new challenges requires a rich set of RESTful APIs. Simplify infrastructure management with disaggregated storage for greater efficiency and a lower TCO with Pure1, which is an AI-powered, data-storage-management engine that enables self-driving storage.
- File replication: Enables disaster recovery of file systems. Read-only data in the target replication site enables data validation and DR testing.
- Object replication: Replicating object data between two FlashBlades improves the experience for geographically distributed users by both providing lower access latency and increasing read throughout. Replication of object data in native format from FlashBlade to Amazon S3 delivers cloud mobility. Use the cloud for a secondary copy or use public-cloud services to access data generated on-premises.
- Filesystem rollback: A crucial file system data protection feature, Filesystem Rollback enables the fast recovery of file systems from snapshots.
- NFS v4.1 Kerberos: Kerberos delivers an advanced level of security by authenticating users connecting to NFS v4.1 file systems on FlashBlade.
- Audit logs and SNMP support: Improved security, alerting, and monitoring capabilities provide key enhancements to enterprise readiness.
See more Cloud Computing News