AMD announced the continued expansion of the AMD EPYC processor ecosystem for virtualized environments and hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) through a partnership with Nutanix and other partners supporting work from anywhere environment.
Meanwhile, Lenovo announced the ThinkAgile HX, the latest solution based on AMD EPYC processors and Nutanix’s hybrid cloud infrastructure solution. This new solution expands the ecosystem of AMD EPYC based cloud and virtualized solutions.
A virtualized or HCI environment powered by AMD EPYC processors
As work from anywhere the environment is growing day by day, IT leaders must rethink their data center operations. Moving a more digital and modern environment can provide the security, performance, and agility needed to support their business. Therefore, IT departments are moving to HCI to modernize and transform their enterprise data center.
With the extended partnership between AMD and Nutanix, both companies aim to meet this growing need of-data centers. AMD EPYC processors and Nutanix hybrid and multi-cloud solutions have class-leading memory capabilities, and advanced security features, while accelerating performance.
Dan McNamara, senior vice president and general manager, Server Business Unit, AMD, said,
“A virtualized or HCI environment powered by AMD EPYC processors gives these data center operators and IT administrators the power to provide a high-performance virtualized environment with leading-edge security features, across a wide variety of OEM platforms and software solutions. This will not only help them in this ‘work from anywhere’ environment but also enable them to contribute to their company’s business goals.”
AMD’s HCI solutions include:
- Dell EMC XC Core XC6515 – The Dell EMC XC Core XC6515 is an AMD EPYC processor-based XC appliance from Dell Technologies. Fully qualified by Nutanix, the single-socket 1U chassis provides up to 64 high-performance cores, PCIe® 4, and performance for VDI, database, and ROBO workloads.
- Dell EMC Solutions for Azure Stack HCI – The AX-6515 solution is powered by 2nd Gen AMD EPYC processors and provides advantages for leveraging Microsoft virtualization environments.
- HPE ProLiant DX325 & DX385 optimized with Nutanix software – Using AMD EPYC processors based on HPE ProLiant servers, which are the world’s most industry-standard servers, are an advanced choice for customers selecting Nutanix software with HPE.
- HPE ProLiant DL325 and DL385 Gen10 servers with HPE Nimble Storage dHCI – Using 2nd Gen AMD EPYC processors, these servers are architected for VDI users, business-critical applications, and mixed workloads with unpredictable growth.
- HPE SimpliVity 325 Gen10 HCI – An industry-leading HCI solution for the enterprise edge based on the HPE DL325 Gen 10 server using the HPE SimpliVity HCI software and powered by 2nd Gen AMD EPYC processors. The solution offers customers a small 1U footprint, 2-node high availability, that lowers TCO with industry-leading VDI-density.
- Lenovo ThinkAgile HX – in collaboration with Nutanix and AMD, Lenovo recently announced the new Lenovo ThinkAgile HX HCI solutions powered by AMD EPYC processors, enabling customers to run virtual desktop workloads at a higher density, and maintain consistent performance, with up to 50% fewer servers.
- The Lenovo ThinkAgile HX 3000 Series appliance – Featuring AMD EPYC processors, it is available in a rack-dense 1U 1-node form-factor and supports high memory and core density, making it a good solution for virtual desktop infrastructure and general virtualization workloads.