- The WordPress team announced the general availability of WordPress 6.1 Release Candidate 3, the last chance to test the new version before the final release.
- According to the announcement, since the release of the previous release candidate, approximately 60 bugs have been addressed in RC3.
- The general release is one week away with WordPress 6.1 scheduled for release on Tuesday, November 1, 2022.
WordPress 6.1 release candidate 3, a final chance for developers and admins to test their products or websites with the new version. Release of Release Candidate 3 also means that we are one week away from the release of the final version of WordPress 6.1, which is expected to be released on November 1. The team also warned users not to install, run, or test this version of WordPress on production or mission-critical websites.
Final release candidate
According to the announcement, since Release Candidate 2, approximately 60 items have been addressed. All plugin and theme developers can test their products against WordPress 6.1 RC3 and update the “Tested up to” version in their readme file to 6.1. WordPress 6.1 will be the third major release for 2022, following 5.9 and 6.0, released in January and May, respectively.
Users can test Release Candidate 3 with the following methods:
- Option 1: Install and activate the WordPress Beta Tester plugin (select the “Bleeding edge” channel and “Beta/RC Only” stream).
- Option 2: Direct download the RC3 version (zip).
- Option 3: Use the WP-CLI command:
wp core update --version=6.1-RC3