- WordCamp US 2022 will take place in Town and Country Resort in San Diego, California on the 9th of September and last 3 days.
- The tickets were limited to 650 and sold out on the first day, but some refundable tickets may be available anytime for attendees to buy.
- The event will host 41 sessions and 44 speakers, mainly focusing on the newly introduced block features of WordPress.
WordCamp US 2022, an in-person event that will kick off on the 9th of September, will host 41 sessions and 44 speakers who will inform and inspire the audience about WordPress. The event will take place in Town and Country Resort in San Diego, California. Registration for the three-day event will open at 8:00 am, Friday, September 9th.
Free live stream
The WordCamp 2022 team announced that tickets have sold out but all sessions will be live streamed. The team also stated that there may be some last-minute refunds to open tickets. You can take a look at the complete schedule on the event’s website. This year, the event will host Lightning and Standard Talks, Workshops, Panels, and a Community Track. The sessions vary in length:
- Lightning Talks are 15-minute presentations, quick introductions to topics
- Standard Talks are 45-minutes and take a deeper dive into subjects
- Workshops are longer-format, more interactive, and hands-on than Standard sessions
- On Sunday, Community Tracks are your opportunity to directly contribute to WordPress on any of the 21 teams
This year, sessions are focusing on building with blocks mainly, such as customizing core blocks for clients and creating a custom block in 15 minutes. Also, a diverse range of topics about WordPress will be discussed during the event. The team also said that live streams will be free and no special tickets are required to watch the sessions online.
- Registration opens at 8:00 am, Friday, September 9th
- Opening remarks will begin at 9:00 am
- Sessions will run from 9:15 am – 5:30 pm