Dell Technologies introduced the new Dell EMC PowerStore that offers some new features including the ability to run applications on the storage hardware itself and free upgrades. The company launched PowerStore as a new lead all-Flash product in the midrange space. With the Powerstone launch, Dell aims to continue its dominance in the storage market.
New lead all-Flash product in the midrange space
PowerStore was built from scratch. It is seven times faster and has three times lower latency than previous Dell EMC midrange storage arrays. These features based on the design with the faster NVMe (non-volatile memory express) protocol and the supports storage-class memory through Intel Optane solid-state drives.
Caitlin Gordon, Dell’s VP of product marketing talked in a media briefing last week, saying,
“We wanted to help our customers transform their operations (by) adding more automation, simplicity, and more intelligence and agility into the infrastructure. When we looked at our own portfolio and, in the market, there was nothing in the market. It required a brand new architecture and a brand new approach.
PowerStore helps Dell simplify its product line. It becomes the company’s new lead all-Flash product in the midrange space and sits between PowerMax for high-end storage and PowerVault for entry-level storage.”
Innovative AppsON ability has also added to PowerStore to tap VMware virtualized workloads and software applications for faster access. This feature gives customers the ability to run certain workloads directly on the dual-node controllers. In addition to this, PowerStore simplifies IT operations with its new data-centric, intelligent, and adaptable infrastructure.
Key features of PowerStore
- NVMe all-flash or Storage Class Memory (SCM) with Intel Optane optimizes performance
- Intelligent scale-up and scale-out architecture lets you add compute or capacity independently
- “Always on” data reduction with Intel Quick Assist lowers costs and improves efficiency without compromising performance
- Revolutionary AppsON provides flexibility to run VMware virtualized apps directly on the appliance while providing capacity for external workloads at the same time
- New Anytime Upgrade program helps modernize PowerStore over time, without forklift upgrades
To see the technical details, you can visit here.
See more Hardware News