KIOXIA introduces the industry’s first PCIe 4.0 OCP NVMe cloud specification-enables SSDs. The new form factor XD6 SSDs are the first Enterprise and Datacenter SSD Form Factor E1.S SSDs which can address the requirements of hyper-scale applications, including the performance, power, and thermal requirements of the Open Compute Platform (OCP) NVMe Cloud SSD Specification.
First PCIe 4.0 OCP NVMe cloud specification-enabled SSD
XD6 Series is available in E1.S 9.5 mm, 15mm, and 25mm form factors. It is also PCIe 4.0 and NVMe 1.3c specification compliant. KIOXIA also stated that new SSDs are designed for consistent performance, latency, and reliability in 24×7 cloud data centers.
- Sequential read and write performance up to 6,500 megabytes per second (MB/s) and 2,400MB/s, respectively
- 15W power consumption
- Security options: non-SED and TCG-Opal3
- Full end-to-end data path protection
- Power loss protection
- Expanded drive health information
- Excellent Quality of Service
- New KIOXIA-developed, hyper-scale-optimized controller
Neville Ichhaporia, Senior Director, Marketing and Product Management, Data Center and Client SSD Division, KIOXIA America, said,
“Hyperscale data centers are the heart of the internet, and the OCP platform will power future generations with SSDs optimized for server platforms. KIOXIA is proud to work with industry leaders on innovative storage solutions, such as our XD6 Series data center NVMe SSDs, to power their critical applications.”