CenturyLink has announced its new CDN platform. The platform will help businesses to create highly responsive and more secure personalized web application delivery. CDN Edge Compute provides developers with a flexible, open module architecture to design, configure and deploy custom web application workloads at the edge.
Flexible and secure
CDN Edge Compute allows developers to choose the software that suits their needs. It also removes bandwidth constraints, thus WAFs, bot management and application performance modules run within milliseconds.
Some of the features are:
- Improved Application Performance: Highly configurable dynamic and static content acceleration, including HTML streaming, virtual waiting room, and image optimization.
- Flexible Security: Choose from industry-leading and top open source security solutions for WAF, bot management and DDoS mitigation.
- Dev/Ops Native Environment: CDN configuration, testing, and deployment are enabled for use within native Dev/Ops workflow, simplifying the release process and deployment cycles.
- Custom Workloads: Supports execution of customer applications running directly on the edge platform.
- Near Real-Time Analytics: Robust data pipeline for key performance metrics and logs in a searchable interface for troubleshooting and tuning of edge modules.
- Growing Global Network: More than 60 points of presence in over 40 locations, with the ability to virtualize the footprint into edge compute locations in both public and private IP networks.
Bill Wohnoutka, vice president of global internet and content delivery services said:
“Businesses across all industries are looking to quickly create and deploy more rich web content which requires an agile IT infrastructure that fosters rapid innovation. With CDN Edge Compute, businesses can use a global edge delivery footprint that allows for new web content and capabilities to be pushed to users quickly and easily, and that can scale to support mass audiences and high traffic events.”
- You may be interested in Best CDN Providers