TaxJar is an award winning sales tax automation platform, empowering over 20,000 businesses to sell online by calculating, collecting, and filing sales tax correctly. We are a high growth company with the goal of making e-commerce easier for everyone.
- We do the right thing for our customers
- We’re a team, built on trust
- We’re proud to be remote
- We’re in control of our own destiny
As a TaxJar Account Manager, you will work closely with our mid-market customers. You love diving in head-first to answer both high level questions about sales tax requirements, as well as technical questions about our product and integrations. You will advise them about what is coming up next for their business in the next phase of their growth, and how TaxJar can continue to grow with them. Ultimately, you provide customers with seamless support and keep them coming back as loyal, satisfied patrons.
- Provide a great customer experience to existing TaxJar customers and be committed to doing the right thing for them
- Develop strategic plans to monitor and manage customer health and satisfaction over a portfolio of customer accounts
- Maintain and grow revenue from existing customers by focusing on renewals and additional feature adoption
- Foster a deep understanding of customer business challenges, as well as the TaxJar product and where it can meet those challenges
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the TaxJar product and integrations in order to best advise your customers
- Develop close relationships with stakeholders in your customer accounts
- Increase the level of referenceability of customer accounts where relevant
- Work cross-functionally and collaboratively with other teams such as Customer Support and Sales to drive the best outcome across the customer journey
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 – 10 years of relevant experience in Account Management or Sales in a technology industry
- Excellent communication, presentation, and strategic analytical thinking skills
- Ability to plan, present, and execute a strategy against a broad portfolio of customer accounts
- Ability to isolate customer issues and formulate a solution to meet customer needs
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment and deliver results
- Ability to understand high level technical requirements and specifications and communicate back to the TaxJar team; ability to remain up-to-date with product changes and integrations
- High collaborative (low ego), rapid learner with ability to work in a fast paced, high-growth environment
People are accepted and free to be who they are.
We embrace that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential sources of creativity and innovation that bring a richness of thinking and experience to the work that is celebrated at TaxJar. Simply put, we care. We will always put people – our team and our customers – first, by supporting our people to do their best work building products our customers love.
Our formula is simple. We believe we have an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. This means we empower our team to do the right thing for each other and for our customers, and we do the right thing, even when it’s harder. We’ve built a team based on trust, that endeavors to maximize our team members’ individual talents so our workplace creates a sense of meaning and belonging for everyone.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation
- Company holidays, plus mandatory Birthday holiday
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for all employees
- 4 hours volunteer time per month
- Biannual all-company in person summits (paid for by us, of course!)
- $250 Home office stipend
- 401k Plan
- Equity in a profitable company
- Monthly perks reimbursement to appreciate your teammates, Netflix, Amazon Prime, gym membership, home internet etc.
|Job Category||Sales & Marketing|