Lovevery is a fast-growing digitally native brand co-founded by successful entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
Our customers are asking for us to deliver a digital product experience that is as meaningful as the physical product experience they already get from Lovevery. We are looking for an iOS Developer to help us create a new type of e-commerce and community experience that delivers value to the user beyond selling physical products. We are looking for an enthusiastic, results-driven developer with iOS experience. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated programmer, is excited to learn daily, enjoys working on a team, and keeps up with new technologies for professional self-improvement and product enhancement. You’ll be joining a cross-functional team working on current and future technology platforms and a meaningful digital experience that empowers parents and gives them confidence.
If you are an iOS Developer and you have a passion for early childhood, you could be amazing in this role and be part of something special.
The following attributes in a candidate are paramount:
- An Intrinsic Humble Hustle – You are a go-getter who makes things happen.
- Ability to Learn Quickly – You’re aware you don’t know everything, are willing to learn new things and have an idea/methodology to go about learning new things. We’re raising the bar for our customers every day which requires all of us to continuously grow and learn.
- Strong Collaborator and Communicator – You’ll be working in a world-class cross-functional team where strong communication and collaboration will be a key part of your success.
- Full-Stack View – You will be working on a solution that extends from the back-end and the data model to the UI. You’ll deliver user stories and features and non-functional requirements such as scalability, performance, security, and testability.
- Quality-Focused – You will be a champion for building quality code and are willing to write the test before the code.
- Pragmatism – You will be building new digital products in this role, and you will also be working with e-commerce platforms and stitching together solutions to create the best experience in the most pragmatic way.
- We are obsessed with giving families the best products and content for early childhood, and this is an important role in making that happen at Lovevery. This role will report directly to the Senior Director of Digital Products and will have opportunities for growth in the future.
Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package
- Design and build apps and features for iOS
- Deliver security, bug-fixing and app enhancements
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new software technology
- Be 100% reliable, willing to learn, and have a positive attitude
- Create high-quality web and mobile apps served to customers worldwide
- Work closely with a product team consisting of a Product Manager, UX Designer, and other developers to deliver functionality that delights customers
- Build code considering security, testability, maintainability, scalability, and performance
Qualifications and attributes:
- You are eligible to work legally in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- You think parenthood and early childhood are really inspiring things to work on and you have empathy for parents as users of digital products.
- You are passionate about understanding the customer and delivering an amazing customer experience through digital solutions.
You have a B.S. degree from an accredited university in a computer-oriented field and/or 3+ years of experience in iOS app development.
- You are comfortable working in a cloud-based architecture such as AWS or Heroku.
- You have familiarity with a test automation tool and frameworks.
- You are an effective collaborator who thrives working with teams to solve complicated challenges.
You are driven and hard-working.
- You can share Apps you have developed in the Apple App Store.
- You have 2+ years of experience using Swift for iOS.
- You have experience using version control systems.
- You possess SQL fundamentals and basic Relational Database knowledge.
- You’d describe yourself as open-minded, adaptable, upbeat, quick to learn, and results-oriented.
- Must be eligible to work legally in the United States without sponsorship
- Send us your resume and a cover letter
- Provide links to your Github (or a similar service), or any proven source code/projects
- Provide links to apps you have created (co-authored) in the Apple App Store
- Provide references