We’re a startup based out of Waterloo, Canada building a smart, curious, and driven team that’s passionate about making software that helps sales reps sell better.
Prospect is a lead generation platform that intelligently sources contact data right inside of your web browser in real-time. The best sales teams from the top tech companies in the world use Prospect to crush their sales targets.
Our tech stack currently looks like:
- Backend: Java 8 REST API services on AWS Elastic Beanstalk and Google App Engine
- Cloud: A mix of AWS and Google Cloud
- Database: PostgreSQL, with a bit of MongoDB
- DNS: Route 53 and Cloudflare
- Internal: GitLab for CI/CD and issue tracking
- Logging: Sentry, cloud hosted ELK stack
- Monitoring: Graphite, Grafana, and dashboards built using SQL queries
SOME PROJECTS YOU WILL WORK ON
You will be managing our cloud services and infrastructure.
This is a high impact role. We are looking for someone to take real ownership and implement best practices in order to build a scalable and resilient infrastructure.
We prioritize projects based on what aligns with customer needs and internal roadmap. Some things that you will work on include:
- Dockerize Production: Convert our production deployment to be Docker-based to avoid vendor lock-in
- Upgrade Versions: Upgrading PostgreSQL and other internal services to newer versions
- Improve Monitoring: Reconfigure our Graphite so it can ingest higher volumes of data
- AWS and/or GCP Expertise: Must be very familiar with cloud offerings and be comfortable with setting up, updating, and debugging instances
- Extensive PostgreSQL Experience: Should feel comfortable setting up backup strategies, setting up fault tolerance, and have experience with scaling databases
- Security-First Approach: We take security very seriously and want a candidate who works within modern security best practices
- Worked at a tech startup or a small company before
- Experience with GitLab CI and setting up runners
- Certifications from AWS, GCP, or similar
This is a 100% remote role and is a part-time/freelance position.
There are no fixed hours for this position, although there should be some overlap with EST to plan out projects and for any emergency fixes.
We are looking for someone who we can work with long-term to do regular maintenance, upgrades, and improvements to our infrastructure.
|Job Category||Contract, DevOps & Sysadmin|