Join the fully-remote team at Teaching.com to create, develop, and deliver fun and engaging software for educators and students!
Who We Are & What We Do
We’re working to change the future of online education by building exciting products that equip students and teachers with the tools to succeed in the classroom and beyond. Our team is hungry to learn and improve—both when it comes to our products and ourselves. We’re a small, hard-working group of self-starters who are passionate about what we do and constantly seek new ways we can be better, together.
As a team member at Teaching.com
, you’ll get to own the strategy and implementation of features on products like the world’s largest typing software, Typing.com
, and Nitro Type, the #1 educational game in the world. Everyone at Teaching.com
is empowered to move quickly, make decisions, and get things done so we can continue to make learning accessible to our growing community of more than 75 million students and teachers internationally.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
We are looking for an experienced product manager who is excited by the prospect of working with stakeholders to build a talented cross-functional team to execute on the next generation of features on Typing.com
. You’re less concerned with patting yourself on the back for the perfect Gantt chart and more concerned with quickly and efficiently delivering value to our users. The ideal candidate has experience working with data, running a successful hiring pipeline, and shaping raw ideas into implementable features.
Why You May Not Like It
If you can’t imagine a product management workflow without scrum ceremonies, are intimidated by technology, need a lot of direction, do not have any production experience in small companies, or are risk-averse, this role may not be for you.
Skills & Background
- 3+ years of managing technical individual contributors
- 3+ years of product management experience in a small company
- Passionate about leveraging empathy to understand user needs
- Unafraid to have candid conversations with managers, peers and direct reports
- Flexible, well-organized and experience working in a fast-paced small company environment
- Exceptional communication skills, particularly written (as a remote company, we heavily emphasize written communication across all departments)
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- A positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
- Familiarity with 37signal’s Shape Up method of product development
- Familiarity with web design and development workflows
- Familiarity working with SQL and/or Google Analytics
- Experience working in education
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited paid time off
- Company-owned laptop
- Remote office stipend
- Flexible office hours
- Ongoing education assistance
- Annual company retreat
Sorry, we will not transfer or sponsor visas.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We care deeply about the culture at Teaching.com and have put together a manifesto
outlining our values, communication, and product management strategies. Prospective employees will learn a great deal about what it’s like to work here by reviewing it.