- KICKOFF MEETING. Just a kickoff — meet the PM; get your questions answered; set expectations; and schedule milestones.
- PREPARING DOCS. Getting started with internal documentation early is hugely important to getting the project into your brain.
- REVIEW APPROVED COMPS. Before you start QA or even get a walkthrough, you’ll review the comps to understand the project + prepare a list of questions to ask on the QA walkthrough.
- QA WALKTHROUGH. Once development is far enough along for QA to begin, you’ll do a walkthrough with the lead developer to get an overview of the functionality.
- PREPARE QA CHECKLIST + TEST PLAN. After seeing each component of the site in action, you’ll put together a first draft at a comprehensive QA checklist and a higher-level overview of what you’re planning to test, in what order, and when.
- HEAVY DUTY TESTING. You’ll put the site through its paces and give it a few rounds of full pass bug hunting. Beyond just hitting buttons, you’ll be thinking from a higher level: are there usability concerns? Does what we’re doing here actually make sense as the best way to solve the problem? etc.
- CELEBRATING A SUCCESSFUL LAUNCH. What feels better than kicking back after a successful launch? If QA has done their job, the project will launch smoothly, the team will have a finished product to show off, and — most importantly — the client will be happy. It doesn’t get much better than that.
- Strong communication and/or experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, with a methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Fluent English speaker
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Has a proven track record in Quality Assurance.
- Pays meticulous attention to detail + advocates for the customer. Being able to catch bugs is huge, but it isn’t everything — QA is most effective when it puts itself in the customer or end user’s shoes.
- Knows WordPress well, you’ll be expected to prove your familiarity with the platform.
- Excellent verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills
- Has 1+ year remote freelancing experience.
Additional Experience (Bonus Points)
- Familiarity setting up local WordPress environments + cloning GIT repositories locally
- Skills at training others how to admin complex WordPress sites/projects
- Experience writing and implementing automated testing processes
Who We Are
Who You Are
- HAPPY – Where there is a will, there is a way. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
- HELPFUL – Always looking for ways that you can help others.
- CURIOUS – It is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily, and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
- ACCOUNTABLE – Our clients expect us to get the right thing done on budget and on time. Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success.
|Job Category||Product Jobs|