In this role, you’ll be joining a small group of experienced engineers and will play a critical role in building both our product and our codebase itself.
Sound like you?
- You have a strong technical background, with experience solving complex problems within a software development team
- You love delighting users by creating great product experiences
- You’re curious to learn and demonstrate the ability to do so very quickly
- You communicate with clarity and precision, whether with teammates or users
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject-matter experts
- You are self-motivated and possess a strong work ethic
- You identify with Slab’s mission and values
- Stay lean – We strive for the greatest possible impact with the fewest number of employees. We empower our teammates with the most leveraged tools and efficient processes.
- Default to open – We encourage and nurture open exchanges of knowledge and ideas — while acting with respect and regard for each other.
- Think rigorously – We act and execute after careful thought and examination of known information, while acknowledging the risks we accept in its absence.
- Say no – We aim to deliver exceptionally high value in a small set of focus areas. We willingly abstain from good ideas to give only the most promising paths the attention they deserve.
- The best prevails – Whether an idea or an individual, the best will rise to the top at Slab. Ideas we pursue can come from anywhere, and individuals gain responsibilities due to outperformance.
- Global optimization – We believe that our mission — to make the workplace a source of learning and purpose — is the ultimate priority, above any single project, team, or individual.
Technologies We Use
- GraphQL + Apollo + Absinthe
- Phoenix + Elixir
- Docker + Kubernetes
- Google Compute Platform
- Flexible work arrangements
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 7-year option exercise window
- $5k desk setup of your choice