New features and noteworthy new packages
- Official cloud images.
- Introduction of ifupdown-ng, a replacement for busybox ifupdown.
- Improved wifi support in setup scripts
- PHP 8.0 is available now (next to PHP 7.4).
- Node.js (LTS) is compiled with -O2 instead of -Os which noticeably improves performance. It can also use full ICU data if new package icu-data is installed alongside.
- Initial support for cloud-init
- Linux 5.10.7
- musl 1.2
- Busybox 1.32.1
- GCC 10.2.1
- Git 2.30.0
- Knot DNS 3.0.3
- MariaDB 10.5.8
- Node.js 14.15.4
- Nextcloud 20.0.4
- PostgreSQL 13.1
- QEMU 5.2.0
- Xen 4.14.1
- Zabbix 5.2.3
- ZFS 2.0.1
- The musl-1.2 upgrade changed the definition of time_t to 64-bits on all arches. This affects armhf, armv7 and x86.
- Berkley DB has been deprecated due to licensing issues. For postfix, this means all tables in /etc/postfix/main.cf must be converted to a different format before upgrading, for example, lmdb.
- xorg-server and related packages have been moved to community. Make sure you have the community repository enabled in /etc/apk/repositories.
- Some rarely used busybox applets have been disabled.