The latest edition at a glance
Compared to the Kali Linux 2021.2, here are the critical changes in Kali Linux, 2021.3:
- OpenSSL – Wide compatibility by default – Keep reading for what that means
- New Kali-Tools site – Following the footsteps of Kali-Docs, Kali-Tools has had a complete refresh
- Better VM support in the Live image session – Copy & paste and drag & drop from your machine into a Kali VM by default
- New tools – From adversary emulation to subdomain takeover to Wi-Fi attacks
- Kali NetHunter smartwatch – first of its kind, for TicHunter Pro
- KDE 5.21 – Pl
OpenSSL has now been configured for wider compatibility to help increase Kali’s ability to talk to older. In addition, the kali team released the final version of the Kali-Tools site. As an improvement, Kali Linux, 2021.3. offers an experience smoother for those who run the Live image in virtualized environments.
Basic features like copy-paste and drag-drop between the host and the guest should now work out of the box. It also comes with an easy configuration for Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode. Open kali-tweaks in a terminal, select Virtualization, and if Kali is running under Hyper-V, you’ll see a setting to turn on Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode.
New tools in Kali
- Berate_ap – Orchestrating MANA rogue Wi-Fi Access Points
- CALDERA – Scalable automated adversary emulation platform
- EAPHammer – Targeted evil twin attacks against WPA2-Enterprise Wi-Fi networks
- HostHunter – Recon tool for discovering hostnames using OSINT techniques
- RouterKeygenPC – Generate default WPA/WEP Wi-Fi keys
- Subjack – Subdomain takeover
- WPA_Sycophant – Evil client portion of EAP relay attack
In addition to Kali NetHunter Updates, Kali ARM updates cover re-worked Kali ARM build scripts, resizing all images, regeneration of the default snakeoil cert, and more.
Kali Linux, 2021.3. got some changes in the desktop space, including:
- Improved GTK3 theme for Xfce’s notifications and logout-dialog
- Redesigned GTK2 theme for a better fit of older programs
- Improved Kali-Dark and Kali-Light syntax-highlighting themes for GNOME and Xfce
One of Kali’s popular desktops, KDE plasma, now includes version 5.21. This update brings an updated look, with a new application launcher and theme improvements.
- Also you can review a new version of KDE: KDE Plasma 5.22
Download Kali Linux 2021.3
- You can download Kali Linux 2021.3 from its official download page.
- To update Kali Linux 2021.2, you can visit here.
See more Linux News