Everstream signed a definitive agreement with Uniti to acquire its network assets and its existing Uniti customers. The acquisition adds Everstream more than 5,600 route miles to its network, increasing its size by more than 35 percent. Pittsburgh and Philadelphia are part of the transaction and will be connected to Everstream’s networks in other cities across the Midwest. The transaction is in addition to the company’s $300 million investment to build new fiber infrastructure across the Midwest.
The transaction includes:
- Fiber assets throughout Pennsylvania, including Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and more than 10 additional cities.
- Mix of both metro fiber and long-haul fiber.
- Dense fiber coverage in the greater Philadelphia and Pittsburgh areas.
- Fiber-based Ethernet and internet services capable of speeds up to 100 Gbps.
- Connection to Everstream’s existing fiber network infrastructure throughout the Midwest.
- The opening of local offices in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.
Brett Lindsey, President and CEO, Everstream, said,
“Everstream’s acquisition of the Uniti network assets in Pennsylvania provides reach into new markets, from which we will continue to densify the network. The network spans the state, and these markets will now experience Everstream’s unrivaled commitment to customer service and the unique way in which we deliver services.”