Internet’s one of the most popular domain registrars GoDaddy announced that it is looking for a new president for Domain Registrar and Investor Business. With more than 78 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the world’s largest domain registrar. The new recruit will replace Kevin Doerr. This position will be based in Kirkland Washington, Sunnyvale California or in Tempe or Scottsdale Arizona.
- Define and execute a strategy to grow our Domains Registrar and Investor business and strengthen GoDaddy’s leadership position in Domains and Naming
- Manage P&L to deliver short term results AND long term growth trajectory
- Ensure security, performance, availability, and quality for GoDaddy’s DNS infrastructure, a core component of the global internet infrastructure
- Deliver continuous cadence of customer-centric product innovation
- Lead a distributed team consisting of engineering, product management, and sales
- Build GoDaddy’s reputation and engagement in key Domain’s policy forums and act as GoDaddy’s primary public face to Domain Name Industry
- Identify attractive opportunities for M&A
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to create solutions that globally scale and meet our rapidly growing business needs
- Experience running and maintaining a successful business with a focus on driving customer value through products and services and achieving business growth
- The mix of product or engineering experience, as well as commercial experience leading P&Ls
- Customer-centric. Optimizes for our customers and finds ways to ensure the team uses customer feedback to deliver seamless experiences.
- Inspires followership; proven attractor and developer of world-class talent and teams
- Strategic and decisive. Ability to understand the big picture and chart a course. Clearly defines a path forward and can drive action to achieve a goal.
- Acquisition and integration experience strongly preferred
- Balance innovation and operational excellence
- Experience in managing through change to drive growth
- 5+ years as a General Manager leading engineering and product management, if not also sales
- 10+ years working in a technical or commercial team
- Some travel required