Vulnerability management and threat assessment solutions provider, Digital Defense announced its membership in the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association and technology integration between its Frontline Active Threat Sweep and Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. The company also stated that the combined solution will increase Microsoft Defender for Endpoint’s security coverage and efficacy, offering comprehensive endpoint protection.
Frontline ATS and Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
Digital Defense also stated that by identifying passive or dormant attacks that leverage dwell time to evade traditional security monitoring solutions, Frontline ATS complements Defender for Endpoint capabilities. Thus users no longer have to wait for an indicator of compromise to determine that their systems are infected. Customers will also have proactive solutions for identifying compromised systems and enabling security teams to be even more proactive in preventing breaches.
Additional joint solution benefits include:
- Better visibility and early detection of passive and active threats.
- Enhanced threat detection by combining targeted active threat scanning with AI-based behavioral anomaly detection, malware signature and file analysis.
- Rooting out of small passive attack artifacts that are extremely difficult to find and planted by attackers for infecting or even re-infecting assets.
- Identification of out-of-date or disabled endpoint protections to quickly flag at-risk devices and prioritize investigation and remediation.
- Immediate clean-up of infections before patching efforts can be implemented.
- Proactive analysis of assets for indications of a malware infection before other agent-based security tools can be deployed.
Sanjay Raja, Vice President of Strategy and Technical Marketing, Digital Defense, said,
“Dwell time is one of the most common yet challenging tactics that attackers use to obfuscate threats and execute a successful breach. Together with Microsoft, we can offer one of the most comprehensive and unobtrusive next-generation endpoint protection solutions for addressing this challenge and significantly improving clients’ security operations effectiveness at early threat detection and breach prevention.
We wanted to provide a cloud-native solution to clients that could build on the detection and remediation capabilities in Defender for Endpoint. With MISA, we are part of a collaborative community providing integrated solutions that solve customers’ security program challenges and requirements.”
See more Cyber Security News