With Synology’s Active Backup for Business 2.1, an unlimited number of Hyper-V VMs can be backed up to Synology.
Synology released the new version of Active Backup for Business, which is an integrated backup solution protects your business workloads. The new version also supports Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machine backup. An unlimited number of Windows PCs, physical servers, file servers, and virtual machines running on VMware and Hyper-V can be backed up by compatible Synology NAS.
Some of the key features are:
- Hyper-V support: Back up virtual machines running on Microsoft Hyper-V 2016 and 2019 without installing any backup agents.
- Windows Server 2019 support: Active Backup for Business now extends data protection of the physical server to the latest Windows Server version.
- Event-triggered backup task for Windows PC: Backup tasks can be triggered by specific events such as computer screen locks, bootups, or logouts, ensuring data protection in any work scenarios.
- Flexible backup schedule: Supports backup window configuration to let you specify available time slots to perform scheduled backups during off-peak hours.
- Simplified mass deployment for Windows PC: Leveraging the integration with Microsoft AD and self-defined parameters, the administrator can deploy PC agent installations and auto-logins to users in the background, making mass deployment easier for enterprises.
- Manual volume restore: Select and restore a backup volume to any disk in PCs or physical servers when performing bare-metal recovery.
Jenn Yeh, Product Marketing Manager at Synology said:
Synology Active Backup Suite has been gaining favor among our enterprise customers since its launch. Active Backup for Business has been downloaded over 150,000 times in less than a year. With the support of Hyper-V, we further meet enterprises’ demands for virtual environment backup. We will continue to support more platforms so that businesses can centrally back up distributed workloads in an easy and efficient way, minimizing the cost of digital asset protection.