Steven Shiau announced the release of Clonezilla Live 2.6.6-15 which includes major enhancements and bug fixes in the last week of April. The underlying GNU/Linux operating system of Clonezilla is upgraded. This release is based on the Debian Sid repository. Clonezilla is a partition and disk imaging/cloning program. To saves and restore, it only uses blocks in hard drive.
What is new?
There are two types of Clonezilla: Clonezilla live and Clonezilla SE (Server Edition). Clonezilla Live 2.6.6-15 includes major enhancements and bug fixes.
- Add package pax.
- Add scdaemon clonezilla live.
- Package ufsutils was removed since it’s not available in Debian Sid repository.
- Package pxz was removed since it’s replaced by pixz in Clonezilla.
- Add batch mode, and instead of countdown, pause it when rc is not 0 for ocs-run-boot-param.
- Add a new program ocs-live-swap-kernel which can be used to swap Linux kernel and modules in clonezilla live.
- Add -z9p in the TUI menu of beginner mode, and now pzstd is replaced by zstdmt when the option -z9p is chosen.
- Support detecting more partition name in makeboot.sh.
See more Software News