phpMyAdmin team released 4.9.2 version of their management software of the same name. phpMyAdmin 4.9.2 version came with many bugfixes. Right after this release, they released phpMyAdmin 5.0.0-rc1, which has many changes like enabling columns names by default for CSV exports, adding Metro theme, using charset ‘windows-1252’ when the export format is MS Excel and more. Also, support of old PHP versions (5.5, 5.6, 7.0, and HHVM) were removed. This new release is targeting PHP 7.1.
Improvements and some changes include:
- Automatically add the index when creating an auto-increment column
- Improvements to exporting views
- Prompt the user for confirmation before running an UPDATE query with no WHERE clause
- Improvements to how errors are shown to the user (including allowing easier copying of the error text to the clipboard)
- Added keystrokes to clear the line (ctrl+l) and clear the entire console window (ctrl+u)
phpMyAdmin that is a free software tool written in PHP aims to provide the administration of MySQL over the Web. So, it supports a wide range of operations on MySQL and MariaDB.
Download phpMyAdmin 5.0.0-rc1
It can be downloaded from the web site of phpMyAdmin.
Improvements in the new versions can be read on GitHub.
See more Software News