Proxmox Server Solutions announced the general availability of its virtualization management platform Proxmox VE 6.3 of of its server virtualization management platform, Proxmox VE. Proxmox 6.3 “Virtual Environment” integrates with the distribution’s backup server software. It is built on Debian Buster 10.6 but uses the latest long-term support Linux kernel (5.4), QEMU 5.1, LXC 4.0, Ceph 15.2, and ZFS 0.85.
Option for preferred Ceph version
Proxmox 6.3 brings stable integration of Ceph Octopus 15.2.6. Users can now select their preferred Ceph version during the installation process. Moreover, they added many new Ceph-specific management to the GUI including displaying the recovery progress in the Ceph status panel or setting the placement groups (PGs) auto-scaling mode for each Ceph pool in the storage cluster. To download Proxmox VE 6.3, you can visit here.
Proxmox said in the announcement,
“We have strong encryption on the client-side and we have made creating and managing encryption keys for you very simple, providing multiple ways to store keys. VM backups are blazing fast with QEMU dirty-bitmaps. In general, we have added even more functionality and usability enhancements to the GUI (812MB, SHA256, pkglist).”
Enhanced Web interface
The integrated, web-based user interface in Proxmox VE makes configuring, managing and monitoring the virtualized data center very straightforward. In addition to this, 6.3 has functionality and usability enhancements. This includes:
- Editing external metric servers: Proxmox VE nodes can be easily connected to InfluxDB or Graphite via the GUI to facilitate monitoring.
- Improved editor for VM boot order: It is now possible to select multiple devices per type (disk, network) for booting. The user experience has been improved with drag-and-drop functionality.
- Optional TLS certificate verification for LDAP and AD authentication realms.
- Backup/Restore: Users can get an overview of all guests, which aren’t included in any backup at any backup state. Also, a detailed view per backup job is available, showing all covered guests and the disks which are backed up.
- Optional comments for all storage types can be displayed in the web interface. Additionally, the Proxmox Backup Server displays the verification state of all backed up snapshots.