Sentrium announced the launch of the VyOS Foundation, a non-profit organization registered in Spain. For those who are interested in membership can fill the special form at the prelaunch website. VF is planned to be found in 6 months or more due to high legal costs. VyOS is a fully open-source network OS that provides a wide range of features for any network, from a small business to an Internet service provider.
Different levels of membership
VyOS Foundation will be built on the governance model of the OpenStack Foundation to meet the high demand for a fully open-source enterprise and carrier-grade router OS of subscribers and contributors. The VyOS Foundation (VF) will have individual and corporate memberships with different tiers. The Foundation’s board of directors will manage financial decisions, marketing, and strategy, while the technical steering committee will lead the project development.
VF will aim to bring different project activities and needs together. It will also expand activities that benefit VyOS. VyOS contributors including customers can join as individual members at no cost. There is a choice of multiple membership levels along with different levels of requirements, responsibilities, and benefits for companies and organizations.
Rights of all corporate members:
- Market themselves as official VyOS-based solution providers and earn money from their VyOS expertise;
- Use VyOS trademarks and logos as long as their product or service meets requirements;
- Get special terms for a variety of services, including priority support and dedicated account managers for coordinated development;
- Showcase their logos on vyos.foundation and vyos.io websites;
- Access all prebuilt images of VyOS releases as well as other software developed by the foundation for unlimited use including CloudPack.