Sets for resellers
Resellers now have their own sets in the WordPress Toolkit section of Plesk Uservoice. It’s requested not only by legit resellers but also by those who are using reseller accounts as limited Plesk server administrator accounts. The details about the feature:
- Resellers get the same default sets as server administrators.
- Resellers can only access and manage their own sets.
- Customers of resellers can see the sets of their resellers when installing WordPress. They do not see server administrator sets.
- The global option “Allow customers to use sets when they install WordPress” will also affect reseller sets. If this option is switched off, resellers’ customers won’t see any sets when installing WordPress.
- Reseller service plans actually include additional services with automatic installation of WordPress (alone or with any of the reseller sets).
Theme activation in sets
The ability to choose which theme should be activated in a set when this set is installed on a WordPress site has been added. This feature allows hosters and web studios to provide more turnkey added value in their WordPress service offerings. You can install sets in three different ways: Provision a subscription-based on a service plan with a specific additional service that installs WordPress with a particular set; install a set together with WordPress when you install a new WordPress site: install a set on an already existing WordPress site via Sets tab functionality.
Further, this ability is available as a new operation of the –sets CLI command. Plugins in a set can also be configured to be activated or deactivated upon the installation of the set. Activating and deactivating plugins in a set via CLI is also supported.
- Also you may be insterested in: What is WordPress? Is WordPress free to use?
Pending smart update notification
Users who’ve launched Smart Updates but closed the update window without making a decision could also forget that they needed to either apply the update or reject it. To fix this problem, Plesk has added a visual marker notifying about a pending Smart Update on a site card. To open the Smart Updates window, users will be asked to click on the Check Updates button.
WordPress toolkit deluxe dashboard
A very basic screen that lists all accounts on a server with access to WordPress Toolkit Deluxe has been added. Plesk will improve this list, including stuff like redirects to cPanel of a particular user account depending on user feedback.
Moreover, Plesk has updated a number of internal WordPress Toolkit routines to properly work with plugins and themes that have slugs with underscore symbol. WordPress Toolkit v5.2 supports CentOS 8 and CloudLinux 8 on both Plesk and cPanel.
See more Software News