Breaking News: WordPress 5.4 is released!
Before the release on March 31, 2020, the third release candidate for WordPress 5.4 is ready for testing. RC3 comes with many improvements and 8 fixes as you can see below:
- 49657 – Block Editor: Update WordPress Packages WordPress 5.4 RC 3
- 49621 – Travis: Download Chromium for E2E Tests Only
- 48164 – media_sideload_image Should Store Original URL and Optionally Check for Dupes
- 49577 – Site Health Status Dashboard Provides Incorrect Items Count on Initial Load
- 47053 – Accessibility: Need to set proper ‘tabindex’ in ‘Skip To Toolbar’ HTML
- 48303 – Docblock Improvements for 5.4
- 49374 – Use get_post_states to Denote Special Pages on the Added Menu Item Accordions
- 49619 – Use <hr /> Instead of Margin on Freedoms Page
WordPress 5.4 Field Guide for major changes
Users can test it in two ways. The first is to try the WordPress Beta Tester plugin. The second way is to download the release candidate. WordPress 5.4 will be released on March 31, 2020. Users can also get detailed information about major changes with the WordPress 5.4 Field Guide which will be published within the next 24 hours.
Stay tuned for up-to-date WordPress News
See more Software News